Watermelon is a fruit also known as a melon of water, melancholy or sideburn. It has its origins in Africa and has been spread throughout the world. It is known for being a sweetfruit, it is also refreshing because of the large amount of water it has.
It’s also diuretic. It provides a lot of benefits: vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, excellent to avoid diseases in our body. Another attractive feature is its vivid crimson color that makes it desirable to look at.
Watermelon Nutritional Contributions
As mentioned before, it has a lot of water,to be specific 93% water. In addition to the large amount of minerals, vitamins and carbohydrates.
When a person consumes 100 grams of sandmelon, he or she would be providing his/her body with the following nutritional values:
- 11 mg of Magnesium.
- 0.5 grams of fiber.
- 4.6 grams of carbohydrates
- 89 mg potassium.
- Calories: 20, 5 kcal.
- Vitamins: folic acid and provitamin A.
The Fat Melon Yes or No?
Many people think that, like the sandy, it’s a fruit that contains fat sugar. The thing is, it’s NOT like that. Because although the fruit contains sugar (fructose), watermelon comes accompanied with a lot of water and fiber. Making a timely balance when consuming it.
Even when you see the nutritional values, you can perceive that for just 100 grams, there are only 20, 5 kcal. So it is concluded that the non-fattening sandmelon, it must be balanced when consuming it,to avoid any kind of problem.
Great Benefits of Consuming Sandia
- Due to large studies, watermelon has been found to be an excellent ally at the time of preventing cardiovascular disease,thanks to the capillary vessels relaxing, this in turn reduces inflammation . Another interesting detail is that watermelon has a positive effect for the heart and hypertension, as it promotes arginine metabolism.
Among the nutrients that help prevent cardiovascular problems are: Vitamins A, B6 and C; lycopene and minerals such as potassium and magnesium.
- When a person is active in exercises, muscles usually store lactic acid and ammonia. An “antidote”would be watermelon, she possesses L-citrulline, which is excellent for muscles to relax and can have energy again.
Watermelon consumption is recommended after physical exercise. Other benefits are potassium, because it allows to have renewed energies and also to rehydrate the body.
- Whoever has red color, indicates that watermelon has a high level of antioxidantsthat allow us to keep our tissues good and at the same time prevent aging.
Another positive effect of antioxidants is the prevention of the different types of cancer that exist. Stress also decreases and macular degeneration is prevented.